I know. Not a great end to 2012 being so late to review the year that was. Especially since we are well into the first week of 2013. But I have a soopa-oopa-doopa good reason – or is that an excuse? Nope reason it is. I HAVE BEEN LIVING. And unfortunately that includes the inconveniences in life too – I have slipped into what I would consider uuugghhhh…but what my loved ones call “Gods/the universe” way of making me slow down. I fell and hurt my shoulder before Christmas and that coupled with family, fun, life…I have been somewhat consumed by other things that have needed my attention. But I did miss you all so I hope you have all arrived safely at the other side of the new year revelling.
I know a lot of people believe that you should leave the past in the past. Good in some respects. However, I believe that in order to look forward, plan forward and move forward, you need to know where you have come from so that you don’t repeat the bad stuff, but learn from it in order to embrace the good stuff. I also believe that it is important to acknowledge your journey already travelled because it has not only shaped your current self, but is also part of your story and is a testament to what you are capable of. So here it is…my reflection on the year that was – 2012!
So a lot happened in 2012 which included some really crappy stuff – including family dramas, injuries, relationship strain, job challenges, blah blah blah.
But a lot of really cool stuff happened too!!!
- All clear from cervical cancer – woo hoo!!! No more nasty visits to the specialist. In fact my doctor printed out my all clear results and told me that I can finally frame them ha ha ha.
- Resolution of thyroid issues – another woo hoo!!! This makes mood, energy, weight loss etc a lot easier believe me.
- Started my non-smoking life (well it really started in December 2011 but hey lets not get fussy). Wow…how the hell did I get anything done with so much time spent smoking my life away?
- I got serious about getting healthy & fit
- Did my first official-ish run – Mooloolaba 5km Twilight Run…and came in a spectacular LAST lol. And that was with a broken rib and torn adductor – totes hardcore ha ha ha.
- Ran my first 10km event in the very first ever Sunshine Coast Marathon. I didn’t beat my speedy husband like I had hoped, but I sure did finish – and I ran (slowly but did run) 9.5km of it. And I didn’t come last!
- Completed my first triathlon. A mini one but the long course of a mini one. The fact that it was a PINK tri to raise funds just made it that much sweeter. I didn’t come last in this either lol.
- Climbed numerous mountains. Mt Tinbeerwah, Wildhorse Mountain, Mt Coolum, Mt Ngungun – and attempted part of Mt Tibrogargan.
- Became stronger, more courageous and more self respecting. I made my STAND against bullies, toxic people, disrespecting family members, and made my STAND against my old beliefs about myself. I began to love who I am and started to recognise that yes I am worthy of respect and have the power to shape my own world.
- I became Mrs Awesomeness – dubbed this by Miss Fabulissa I began to shape my world with this in mind. All decisions were made with AWESOMENESS in mind.
- I became clear in thought and found a passion again – and that includes my exciting endeavours for the coming year (but more on that in my next post).
- I began blogging!!! And it is here I say thankyou to all my followers, sharers, fellow bloggers and likers. Thankyou for your input so far and I hope this continues in 2013 because I am now addicted ha ha!
So kind of exciting. A big year it was. Yes there were a lot of tears. A lot of laughs. Plenty of smiles. And a touch of sadness. But it wouldn’t be life without all that in it. Our experiences are kind of like the coloured crayons on a blank piece of paper. And the people I have met are the pictures that have helped shape my year. There are people I have met throughout the year that I no longer really interact with for various reasons, and there are those that I have become closer to – to all of you I am glad I met you and I thankyou for what you brought to my life. Everyone comes into our life for a reason – whether we figure it out or not. You are all a blessing and I pray that you have an extraordinary 2013!
So in reflecting I can only assume that 2013 is not only going to be my year of AWESOME, but it is going to be an exceptional year with so many exciting challenges ahead. I know I am capable of whatever is asked of me and more than courageous enough for anything that comes my way – in fact I KNOW that I will sparkle this year. Keep in touch for my goal post soon.
WHAT CAME OF YOUR 2012? SHARE & FEEL FREE TO POST A LINK TO YOUR 2012 ROUND UP HERE 🙂
Everybody Be AWESOME!!!